Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Time: Noon - 9 p.m.
Location: NT Fine Arts Center, 405-455 Meadow Drive
Public Hearing on the Proposed Budget: Tuesday, May 14 at 7 p.m. in the NT Fine Arts Center
Budget Fast Facts
- Total Proposed 2019-20 Budget: $79,431,300
- Proposed Tax Levy: $28,875,625
- PROPOSITION #2 - Establishment of a Capital Improvements Reserve Fund
- The District has developed a replacement plan to maintain and sustain a District owned fleet. Just like for a large personal purchase of a vehicle in your home budget, this reserve account is essentially the savings account to help fund future purchases of buses. The funds for this reserve will come out of District fund balance to the extent we have available funds up to the limit of $1,500,000. In the end, the District may only have $800,000 in extra fund balance over the next few years to move to this savings account but any funds that can be put away will help in future budgets. The funds used from the reserve to acquire buses will help the District keep future tax levies low because we will be using savings, to the extent we can move fund balance to the reserve, to purchase a portion of the buses in the replacement plan.
- Noteworthy Capital Expenditures in the Proposed Budget:
- Transportation: Purchase of a 66-passenger big bus for transporting students as part of home to school services. This vehicle will replace vehicles that will be retired from the current district fleet.
- $100,000 Aidable Capital Outlay Project (New York State to reimburse 84% of the cost): Construction/reconstruction project to address heating and ventilation systems in school buildings
- The proposed budget adds the following:
- Elementary teacher to help with K-3 class sizes
- Middle School writing program
- District-wide family support center