Tips for Parents…
- Take breaks periodically from schoolwork as needed
- Do school work in short intervals, and don’t expect too much each day-do what you and your child can
- Make learning fun and enjoyable, try to be creative
- Try to remain calm and encouraging, even when it’s hard
- Everyday household activities involve a lot of authentic life learning, let children help with daily tasks/chores
- Try cooking or baking together math and measurement are a big part of these tasks
- Talk together; oral language and communication skills are developed by talking with family…just chat about anything and everything
- Time to simply play is important too, play with toys, pretend (make believe), do puzzles, build with Legos, build a fort with blankets or empty boxes, etc. –Take a break from screen time!
- Get outside whenever possible, fresh air and a bit of exercise are good for us all
- Write cards and letters to loved ones and friends and actually mail them
- Read TOGETHER, model the joy of reading to and with your child
- TRY to have fun together, your children will remember these times always
THANK YOU for your unwavering support at home!