Tips for Parents
- Please encourage your child to study vocabulary every night. Vocab sheets are printed on colored paper. All students should be making flashcards. Your child may also practice vocaulary by clicking on to the quizlet link on my home page. There, you will find flashcards with audio and vocab games.
- Check to make sure homework is complete. Use the "While You Were Out" category to see a list of homework or call the homework hotline.
- Please ask your child if they need to re-stock any of their school supplies. (Pens, pencils, highlighters, new binder?)
- Be supportive and express interest in your child's study of a second language.
- Emphasize the value of the ability to speak a second language.
- When possible, attend cultural events that showcase dance, music and food from other cultures.