The information listed below provides guidance on the steps you need to take to apply for federal and state financial aid.
- Guide to Paying for College by The Student Loan Report LLC
- Resources for Students & Graduates by The Student Loan Report LLC
FAFSA Completion Days
Niagara County Community College holds FAFSA workshops the first Thursday of every month, except in April during Spring Break. These workshops are open to all prospective and continuing NCCC students and their parents or guardians.
Niagara County Community College
3111 Saunders Settlement Road
Financial Aid Office
Applying for a FAFSAIn order to apply for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a password must be obtained. Please apply for your FAFSA password as soon as possible. Instructions are available at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
Completing the FAFSA is a necessary step for all families with children attending college. As of Fall 2016, the FAFSA may be applied for in October. Get more information on the process at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.*Please note, the new time to apply for FAFSA is October. Please disregard the January application time in the "More FAFSA Resources" document above.
The New York State Higher Education Services CorporationInformation on New York State grants, scholarships and awards, including TAP, can be found at www.hesc.org.Read these information sheets from HESC.org regarding TAP:
- How Do I Apply for Student Financial Aid?
- New York State Tuition Assistance Program - TAP - Fact Sheet
- Compare student loan lenders using LendEDU.
- Visit the blog on LendEDU, where their goal is to help students, graduates, and parents learn the ins and outs of paying for college and managing, saving, and growing money.
Financial Aid Information for International Students