ACT / SAT College Entrance Exams
Four-year colleges, and some traditional two-year colleges that now offer four-year programs, require high school students to take either the SAT or ACT exam. Colleges will accept either exam as part of the college admission process. Scores necessary to obtain admission into a college varies depending on the selectivity of the college.Students may register for one of these exams online. Students who register online will know immediately if they received their first test center choice; they can print out registration day exam tickets and can make changes online if there are any errors.Sending Reports to Universities/Colleges -- North Tonawanda School code: 334230
2020-2021 SAT / ACT Test Dates
The CONFIRMED dates are as follows:
- August 29, 2020
- September 26, 2020
- November 7, 2020
- March 13, 2021
- May 8, 2021
- June 5, 2021
The only CONFIRMED dates are:
- October 24, 2020
- February 6, 2021
- April 17, 2021
ANY OF THESE CONFIRMED DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION AS THE COVID-19 SITUATION DEVELOPS.
ACT / SAT Online Registration
Students should consider taking the SAT twice - spring of junior year and fall of senior year. Colleges look at the highest scores in each section.
- Register online at the College Board website.
- Contact SAT toll-free at 1-866-756-7346.
- SAT Codes - Lists for majors, colleges and testing centers.
- SAT - $52
- SAT with Essay - $68
- SAT II subject test - $22
- Subject test registration fee - $26
- Late registration fee - $30
- Send scores to colleges - $12 per school (first four schools are free)
- Register online at the ACT website.
- Contact ACT toll-free at 1-319-337-1000.
- ACT without Writing session - $55 (includes reports for up to four colleges)
- ACT with Writing session - $70 (includes reports for up to four colleges)
- Late registration fee - $35
- Send scores to additional colleges - $13 per school
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills and writing skills.The test is given in the fall each year. View more information.The CONFIRMED PSAT date is October 17, 2020. The cost is $25. See Mrs. Graves in the Career Center, Room 113, to register.