The North Tonawanda City School District offers a Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program that provides an educationally-based, high-quality program to eligible four-year-old children. To qualify for the UPK program, your child must be four years of age on or before Dec. 1 and be a resident of North Tonawanda.
Please visit our UPK Registration Page for more information. Registration is required to participate in the UPK program.
Carousel Academy is the provider of this program, which operates from Ohio School, 625 Ohio St.
Please direct all questions about the program to Amanda Karnath, Program Director, Carousel Academy, (716) 622-7857 or (716) 807-3812.
- is free of charge
- is 5 days per week (no exceptions)
- follows the North Tonawanda City School District calendar
- offers a full-day program from 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Students in the program develop:
A lottery system held at the North Tonawanda Board of Education Building on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 6 pm will be used to determine your child's placement in the full-day UPK program.The public can Livestream/access a recording of the UPK Lottery Watch LiveQuestions? View our UPK FAQ's..
- language and communication skills
- creative and critical thinking skills
- gross and fine motor skills
- kindergarten readiness skills
- early reading skills through instruction in the Magic Penny Reading Program, a phonics-based program.