Pre-K orientation is Sept. 5
Pre-K orientation is set for Sept. 5 and is an opportunity for parents to enjoy the pre-K experience with their child. Parents can accompany their child, drop any supplies off, meet the teachers and directors, explore the classroom, fill out student release paperwork, ask questions and set schedules for wrap around and enrichment if needed. For questions, call 622-7857.
The North Tonawanda City School District offers a Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program that provides an educationally-based, high-quality program to eligible four-year-old children. To qualify for the UPK program, your child must be four years of age on or before December 1 and be a resident of North Tonawanda.
Please visit our UPK Registration Page for more information.Registration is required to participate in the Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program.
Carousel Academy is the provider of this program which will operate from Ohio School, 625 Ohio Street.
Please direct all questions about the program to Amanda Karnath, Program Director, Carousel Academy, (716) 622-7857 or (716) 807-3812.
- is free of charge
- is 5 days per week (no exceptions)
- follows the North Tonawanda City School District calendar
- offers a full day program from 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- offers a half day program, morning session from 9:05 - 11:35 a.m. or afternoon session from 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Students in the program develop:
- language and communication skills
- creative and critical thinking skills
- gross and fine motor skills
- kindergarten readiness skills
- early reading skills through instruction in the Magic Penny Reading Program, a phonics-based program.